Last Updated 09/25/2019
This Policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.alaughingcat.com (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
In this Policy, “personal information” means any information by which you can be identified or contacted, such as your name (first and last), home, billing or other physical address, email address, telephone number, billing information, etc., as well as any information associated with the foregoing.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with the terms of this Policy your choice is not to use our Website. By accessing or using our Website, you agree to this Policy. This Policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of our Website after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Policy periodically for updates.
U.S. Governing Law
Our Website is designed for U.S. audiences, and is governed by and operated in accordance with the laws of the United States. We make no representation that our Website is operated in accordance with the laws or regulations of, or governed by, other nations, and we do not warrant or imply that our Website or the content/materials on our Website are appropriate for use outside of the U.S. By using our Website, you certify that you meet the age and other eligibility requirements for our Website. If you do not meet such age and other eligibility requirements, please discontinue using our Website immediately, as your continued use of our Website indicates that you are agreeing to the collection, use, disclosure, management and storage of your information as described in this Policy.
If you are located outside of the U.S., you use our Website at your own risk and initiative, and you are solely responsible for compliance with any applicable local, national and international laws. By using our Website, participating in any Website activities and/or providing us with any information, you: (a) consent to the transfer and processing of any information to and in the U.S., (b) acknowledge that U.S. law may provide a lower standard of protection for personal data than the laws of your location, and (c) understand that we will collect, transfer, store, process and/or deal with your information in accordance with this Policy and U.S. law. Consequently, to the full extent permitted by law, you hereby waive any claims relating to the processing of your information in accordance with this Policy that may arise under the laws and regulations of any other country or jurisdiction.
Website Intended for Persons 18 and Over
Our Website is not intended for persons under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from persons under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number or email address.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
User-Provided Information: You may be required to provide personal information to access or use certain parts of our Website, or features of our Website or services, including, without limitation, when you place an order, subscribe to a newsletter or email list, fill out a form, participate in any of our special events or promotions such as contests, sweepstakes or surveys, contact us with a comment, testimonial, question or complaint, etc. If you do not provide the requested personal information, you may not be able to access or use the features of the Website or service where such information is requested.
Depending upon the nature of the transaction, the personal information collected may include your first and last name, billing, mailing, physical or shipping address, telephone number, email address, fax number, date of birth, age, gender, occupation, birthday, marital status, anniversary, interests, purchase history, credit card information, debit card information, or other demographic information.
Emails and Social Media Sites: If you correspond with us by email, mail or via social media, we may retain the content of your communication or social media posting, the email or social media account address from which it is sent, and our response. Content and other information in or related to emails sent by you to Laughing Cat Studios or postings on any of Laughing Cat Studios’ social media platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter may be used as testimonials or for other marketing purposes. Please be aware that when you receive a notice acknowledging your email, upload to one of our social media accounts, or submission of an order or application form, it means that the message, uploaded item, or form has been routed into the Internet, and not that it has been received by us. We collect information automatically using technology when you visit our Website or social media pages or when you open one of our emails as described in this Policy.
Third Parties: We may also collect personal information about you from other third parties, such as demographic firms, to make our future services and marketing efforts more efficient and personalized for you. We may combine all information that you provide to us or we collect over time with information obtained from other sources and may disclose this information within our corporate family of companies or our service providers.
Cookies Information: When you visit the Website, we may send one or more cookies – a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser and lets us help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the Website. A cookie does not collect personal information about you. We use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Website. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser’s directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the Website or services may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
Log File Information: Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you access a web page. When you register with or view our Website, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses or other device identifiers, browser information, Internet Service Provider (“ISP”), operating system, location, date/time stamp, clickstream data, referring/exit pages and URLs, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
Clear Gifs Information: When you use the Website or services, we may employ clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons) which are used to track the online usage patterns of our users anonymously. No personal information from your account is collected using these clear gifs. In addition, we may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients. The information is used to enable more accurate reporting, improve the effectiveness of our marketing, and make this Website better for our users.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To facilitate your purchases and provide the services you request.
- To confirm and track your order.
- To contact you (via email, postal mail, or telephone) regarding products and services that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To operate, maintain, and provide to you the best possible features, services, products, functionality of the Website and its contents and overall customer experience.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To analyze visits to the Website and learn about the interests, preferences, demographics and behaviors of our visitors in aggregate (e.g., across the country) and also on a personal level to better understand your interests and needs, so we can assess product demand, identify your product and service preferences, and improve our products and services and deliver to you the type of content, features, products and promotions that you are most interested in.
- To process registration requests when you register for our programs or services, or otherwise administer your participation in our programs or services.
- To respond to your questions, requests, comments or complaints and determine your satisfaction with our programs, products and services.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To compare and review your personal information for errors, omissions and accuracy.
- To prevent, detect or investigate any fraudulent, abusive or illegal act.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- To administer a promotion, contest, sweepstakes, survey or other Website feature.
- To send you marketing communications and other information and materials you have chosen to receive regarding our products, services, marketing or special events.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We also use your personal information for our everyday business purposes such as security, processing orders, payment processing, analytics, operations, fraud detection and prevention, reporting, making back-ups and legal compliance.
Laughing Cat Studios may develop special sites or administer promotions in cooperation with other companies. If you register at these “co-branded” sites or consent to receive email communications from our promotional partners, we may share your registration information (such as name and email address) with those companies.
User Content: Any personal information or content you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Website (for instance, any content you post) (referred to herein as “User Content”) becomes available to the public via the Website and our business partners. User Content includes, but is not limited to, testimonials, reviews, comments, photos, videos, etc. If you remove User Content, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other users have copied or stored your User Content.
Laughing Cat Studios reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor the User Content you post on the Website. Laughing Cat Studios has the right to remove any such information or material for any reason or no reason, including, without limitation, if in its sole opinion, such information or material violates, or may violate, any applicable law or to protect or defend Laughing Cat Studios’ rights or property or those of any third party. Laughing Cat Studios also reserves the right to remove information upon the request of any third party.
Laughing Cat Studios may use certain information about you and/or your User Content without identifying you as an individual to third parties. We do this for purposes such as analyzing how the Website is used, diagnosing service or technical problems, maintaining security, and personalizing advertisements and promotions.
How We Share Your Information
Personally Identifiable Information: In certain circumstances, we may share your personal information with our trusted partners.
- Third Party Service Providers: We may disclose potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to those of our employees, contractors (including website operators), affiliated organizations, service providers, distributors, promotional partners and other third parties that: (1) provide support services to us such as shipping, webhosting, web analytics (including analysis of online activity over time and across websites), mailing, emailing, etc.; (2) market or promote our products and services; (3) administer our programs and operations; (4) fulfill your requests and orders; or (5) process any other information on our behalf to provide services available at our Website. We may store personal information in locations outside the direct control of Laughing Cat Studios (for instance, on servers or databases co-located with hosting providers). These service providers only receive personal information, if such information is needed to perform their function(s), and they are not authorized to use any personal information for any purpose(s) other than the purpose(s) set forth by Laughing Cat Studios.
- Special Events, Promotions and Partnerships with Third Parties: From time to time, we may join with third parties to provide specific services or products, special events or promotions (such as surveys, contests or sweepstakes). If you choose to sign up for such services, order these products, or participate in a special event or promotion, Laughing Cat Studios may share your personal information with third party partners. We will share only the information that is necessary for the third parties to provide these services or products or otherwise participate in or administer the applicable event. Unless we tell you otherwise, these third parties will not use your personal information for any other purpose other than to provide these services or products or conduct the event. However, we do not undertake to confirm, investigate, or police the practices of these third parties.
- Compliance with Law and Fraud Protection: We may, and you authorize us to, use and disclose any information: (1) we deem necessary, in our sole discretion, to comply with any applicable law, regulation, governmental request or legal process served on us or our affiliates; (2) to investigate, prevent or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities; (3) to take precautions against liability, investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations, assist government enforcement agencies, or protect the security or integrity of our Website; (4) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Laughing Cat Studios, our users or others; (5) to other companies and organizations for credit fraud protection and risk reduction; and (6) to enforce any agreement we have with you.
- Business Transfer: As we develop our business, we may buy or sell assets or business offerings. Customer, email, and visitor information is generally one of the transferred business assets in these types of transactions. We may also transfer such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, or dissolution.
We fully cooperate with law enforcement agencies in identifying those who use our Website or services for illegal activities. We reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we in good faith believe to be unlawful, as determined in our sole discretion. Release of your personal information for security purposes, as described in this Policy to any person or entity under any circumstances, including, without limitation, in connection with any government investigation or litigation, shall be based on a determination made solely by us, exercising our own discretion, permission for which is expressly granted by you to us in accordance with this Policy.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information: We may share non-personally identifiable information (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third parties to help them understand the usage patterns for certain services.
Laughing Cat Studios does not provide any personally identifiable information to these third party ad servers or ad networks without your consent. However, please note that if an advertiser asks Laughing Cat Studios to show an advertisement to a certain audience and you respond to that advertisement, the advertiser or ad-server may conclude that you fit the description of the audience they are trying to reach.
You should consult the respective privacy policies of these third party ad servers or ad networks. This Policy does not apply to, and we cannot control the activities of, such advertisers.
How We Protect Your Information
Laughing Cat Studios uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information consistent with industry standards. For example, we use encryption, passwords, and physical security measures to help protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. The security of your personal information is important to us, but please remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially reasonable means to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the absolute security of any information you transmit to Laughing Cat Studios or the Website, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, Laughing Cat Studios makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. While we strive to protect your personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online.
Compromise of Personal Information
In the event that personal information is compromised as a result of a breach of security, Laughing Cat Studios will promptly notify those persons whose personal information has been compromised, in accordance with the notification procedures set forth in this Policy, or as otherwise required by applicable law.
Links to Other Websites and Social Media
We are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Website nor the information or content contained therein, and we make no warranty, either express or implied, concerning the content of any such site, including the accuracy, completeness, reliability, or suitability thereof for any particular purpose, nor do we warrant that any such site or content is free from any claims of copyright, trademark, or other infringement of the rights of third parties, or that any such site or content is devoid of viruses or other contamination. Laughing Cat Studios may provide links to other websites to you solely as a convenience, and the inclusion of linked sites does not imply endorsement by Laughing Cat Studios of any of the linked sites. Please remember that when you use a link to go from our Website to another website, our Policy is no longer in effect. Your browsing and interaction on any other website, including those that have a link on our Website, is subject to that website’s own rules and policies. Please read over those rules and policies before proceeding. We do not ensure the security of your personal information if you visit websites not belonging to Laughing Cat Studios. We further reserve the right to terminate a link to a third party site at any time.
We sometimes use third party social media content we obtain from social media platforms, such as Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram, on our Website. The privacy protections provided on these third party social media platforms and sites are not part of our Policy and may differ from the privacy protections described in this Policy. If you upload content related to Laughing Cat Studios or our products on third party social media platforms or sites that share information with the general public, user community, and/or other third party sites, it may be used or shared by us on our Website or our social media platforms to promote our Laughing Cat Studios products and services. Consequently, you should review the privacy policies of these third party sites before using them and ensure that you understand how your content may be used.
It is our policy to provide notifications, whether such notifications are required by law or are for marketing or other business related purposes, to you via email notice, written or hard copy notice, or through conspicuous posting of such notice on our Website page, as determined by Laughing Cat Studios in its sole discretion. We reserve the right to determine the form and means of providing notifications to you, provided that you may opt out of certain means of notification as described in this Policy.
Your Choices, Opting-Out and Reviewing or Making Changes to Your Information
By providing Laughing Cat Studios your email address, you consent to our use of your email address to send you Website and service-related notices, including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail. We may also use your email address to send you other messages, including, but not limited to, newsletters, payment information, credit card update notifications, account status, legal updates, changes to features of the Website or services, product updates, special offers or promotions, or other account information.
If you do not want to receive such email messages, you may opt out by: (1) selecting “unsubscribe” on our subscription status page and entering the requested information or following the unsubscribe instructions in any of our promotional emails; or (2) sending a written request to the postal or email address set out below. Opting out may prevent you from receiving email messages regarding updates, improvements, promotions or offers. You may not opt out of service-related emails. Opting out does not affect our communications with you via telephone or email related to any orders with us nor does it affect our use of your non-personally identifiable information as described in this Policy.
You can update or change your alaughingcat.com address, email or password by logging into your account and clicking on “Buyer/Contact Information.” Once you select the item you would like to change, the system will prompt you for either your password, new email address and/or buyer ID. Please see our FAQs for more information. Additionally, you can ask to review, update or make changes to the personal information we maintain about you at any time by sending a written request to the postal or email address set out below, or by following the instructions in any promotional email you receive from us. We may take a reasonable period of time to respond. If you request the deactivation or change of information on our system, such information may be retained in our backup systems for a period of time subject to technology restrictions, or as a precaution against systems failures. Some information may be retained for longer periods as required by law, contract or auditing requirements or as otherwise described in this Policy.
It is our policy to post any changes we make to our Policy on this page. The date the Policy was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for you, and for periodically visiting our Website and this Policy to check for any changes.
If you have any questions about this Policy, the practices of this Website, your dealings with this Website, or wish to update us with your preferences, you may contact us using one of the following methods:
- Call: 972-567-2299
- Email: email@example.com